Properties of Musselstone
- İt is an organic sediment stone. It is formed by sediments like limestone, silica and fossil (mussels).
- It is porous and fossiliferous stone in light beige tone.
- It is soft before extracted from quarry. This is why it is easy to process. Afterwards it is hardened by incorporate with corbondioxide in air. This hardness continues for a long time. As years pass by its resistance is increased compared to concrete.
- While tension, pressure and slipping resistances of limestone are increased over time, its resistance against external effects and its porous nature increased.
- it’s does not lose its properties even in the water.
- It has not been used as external façade material only, but it has used in interior purposes, floorings, arches, doorjambs, bay windows, capstones, and fireplaces, landscaping reliefs, portals, shrines and minibars.
- It is used in contemporary architecture and restoration of historical buildings and new buildings, villas, seaside residences, garden walls, walking paves and similar places.